Get your camera’s out and lets get ready for Halloween’s photo challenge.
Halloween is the best time to photograph fun and quirky images. Everyone is having fun. You will see some awesome costumes and you will get great photographs!
Do you have a street where people parade their costumes? Or that they go trick or treating? Go over there and start shooting.
This is when you will be doing what we call “street photography”.
There are two ways you can do this. You can ask people for permission and ask them to do a pose for your.
When you do this:
- Be attentive to the background. Find a de cluttered background. (no trees coming out of people’s head unless it’s part of the costume!)
- Make sure they are not facing the sun directly: You don’t want them all to squint.
- Ask them to do some fun things for your or ask them to pose still.
- If you need a flash take a few shots to make sure you get a great photo.
- Be quick so that they can go off an continue to have fun because they are on a mission to get more candy!
The other way you can do this is by just shooting people as they are walking and trick or treating.
- No poses.
- You will need to be very quick and try to get good natural poses.
- You may have a problem as some people do not want to be photographed so be attentive to that!
Photographing events like these are great fun and will help you become a better photographer.
They help you think quicker with the camera. The more you do this the better you will become at catching funny expressions or lovely gestures. You will understand how to work a scene. It’s a bit like film making. You will need pay attention to the overall scene while trying to catch the perfect moment.
I hope you will all enjoy your Halloween events.
Upload your photos to your site and share them with us!
Share in class or
Baby Photography Classes
Classes on Udemy